Balsamic-Basil Mayo Sauce. This quick sauce takes just minutes to prepare and adds incredible flavor to any meat or fish. I like mine on sliced smoked chuck roast sandwiches. Here’s how you whip it together:
- 1 Cup of Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Two cloves of fresh garlic, minced (this gives it some zing)
- ½ Cup chopped fresh basil
Whisk everything together and place in the fridge for at least one hour before so the flavors can develop. Spread on the bun before you lay on the meat, or simply dribble on any meat dish.
- Caramelized Red Onions. Pile some of these on a meat sandwich and you’ll add an entirely new flavor dimension to your meal.
- Add a couple of dollops of fresh butter to a skillet
- Cook sliced red onions on medium heat until they are soft and limp
- Pile them on top of any meat sandwich or on the side.
Both of the above accoutrements will help jazz-up your meals this summer. Have nay must-try condiments to share? Leave a comment!